The mission of the University Relations team at Methodist University is to, with creativity; accessibility; efficiency; and cooperation, create a cohesive, mutually-beneficial bond between Methodist University and its constituencies and to provide the general public and media with accurate information concerning the University.
What We Do
News and Public Relations
The Office of University Relations is the media and public relations arm of the University. This is a brief sample of what we do:
- Speaking on behalf of the University
- Coordinating media access to campus
- Writing news releases and feature stories
- Publishing a quarterly magazine, MU Today
- Maintaining a Public Events Calendar
- Photographing the latest University events
- Designing and maintaining the University Web site
- Administering the official MU Facebook Page and coordinating other University social media efforts
The Office of University Relations also houses the spokesperson and Public Information Officer (PIO) for the University.
Marketing the University
The Office of University Relations is the chief agency responsible for marketing the University. In addition to the marketing aspects of the functions listed above, our office promotes the university by:
- Designing and placing advertisements in a variety of media outlets
- Publishing an Identity Standards Manual that serves as a style guide for all institutional publications
- Publishing a How to Complete a Marketing Project guide to assist clients with the procedure for successfully completing marketing projects
- Designing, proofreading and reviewing institutional publications before going to press to ensure they best represent the University
Housed in the Office of University Relations, Monarch Press produces a diverse group of institutional publications. Among these are marketing pieces, such as brochures, booklets, and fliers, while other printing is for institutional support, such as letterhead, business cards, and envelopes.
Forms for requesting printing, business cards, and supplies are found in the back of the Identity Standards Manual.