Summer, Semester & Year Study Abroad Programs
Exchange programs allow MU students to travel to our exchange partner universities for a semester while still paying MU tuition and retaining the majority of their financial aid/scholarships. Students pay the host institution's room and board. MU has the following Exchange programs:
- Irish American Scholars Program: How about spending a semester or two semesters studying at a university in Northern Ireland? The Irish-American Scholars Program is sponsored by The United Methodist Church, the Presbyterian Church (USA), and the Catholic Church in cooperation with the Business Education Initiative (BEI) in Northern Ireland, the government of Northern Ireland, and several Irish colleges and universities.One goal of the program is "to replace division with unity in a common goal of international business success." Graduates of the program are better qualified to contribute in an international market place and to explore new Northern Ireland/United States partnerships and commercial opportunities.
There are five excellent colleges and universities in Northern Ireland to choose from:
Belfast Institution of Further and Higher Education
St. Mary's University College
Stranmillis University College
University of Ulster
Length of program: Late August to December or late January to mid-May
Eligibility: Juniors and Seniors with a GPA of 3.2
Annual Deadline is February 1st
- CONAHEC (Consortium for North American Higher Education Collaboration) Student Exchange Program covers all academic disciplines as well as options for students interested in academic coursework and on-the-job training and/or experiential education abroad. Exchanges are available in the following countries: Argentina, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Finland, Guatemala, Honduras, Iceland, Mexico, Spain, and South Korea. See our articulation agreement with Hankuk University of Foreign Studies in South Korea for information on courses taken there that transfer to Methodist University.
- Rennes School of Business, France: Rennes School of Business, France, is one of the most international Business Schools in Europe, with 85% of the faculty being non-French nationals. Classes are taught in English by an international full-time faculty and students come from all over the world. Rennes School of Business is unique in France and abroad due to their strong links with local and international companies and international research cooperation. Students may apply the second semester of their sophomore year, but they must have junior standing at the time of participation in this exchange program. For more information, see the ESC Rennes - Fact Sheet and the ESC Rennes- Exchange Programmes. See our articulation agreement with the Rennes School of Business for information on courses taken there that transfer to Methodist University.
- Universidad Madero, Pueblo, Mexico: Undergraduates with a B average are encouraged to apply. Applications due Nov for spring semester, June for fall semester. Must enroll in a minimum of three subjects per semester, a maximum of five. Summer and semester programs. There are also Faculty Member short duration exchanges. They provide room and board and ground transportation. Resumés due in November.
- Thammasat University located in Bangkok, Thailand: A new exchange agreement was signed in late 2013. Classes are in English.
Third Party Providers allow MU students to study abroad on various types of programs ranging from short term programs to an academic semester or an academic year including internships and volunteer work. Many of these programs can be customized to your major or particular area of research. Usually with a third party provider, more classes are offered in English and additional support is given to participants. The difference between Third Party Providers and Exchange Programs is that with a Third Party Provider students do not pay MU tuition and fees. Students pay their host institution tuition and fees as well as their room and board. Since students do not pay MU tuition, they will not be able to use their institutional aid (if applicable) during their study abroad. However, the usage of other financial aid, such as federal aid, is transferable. In addition, third party providers offer financial support, various discounts, and scholarships for their specific programs. Countless programs exist and a few programs our students have used and highly recommend are:
Use this search engine to look for your major or a specific area of study.
Destinations: Australia, Brazil, Chile, China, Costa Rica, Cuba, Czech Republic, England, France, Germany, Ghana, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Scotland, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Turkey
- Sol Education Abroad
Destinations: Argentina, Costa Rica, Mexico, and Spain.
Destinations: Argentina, Australia, China, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, Ecuador, England, France, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Multi-Country, New Zealand, Oman, Peru, Scotland, South Africa, Spain, and Thailand.
For more information about any type of study abroad program and financial support, please email email@example.com.