Home » Academics
School of Business » PGA
Thank you for your interest in PGA Golf
Management at Methodist University. To ensure a smooth admissions
process, please follow the PGA Golf Management admission requirements
We highly recommend a campus visit in order to experience the college
atmosphere and receive a better understanding of PGA Golf Management.
If you are interested in visiting the campus, please do not hesitate
to call to set up an appointment. Methodist University stresses
the importance of personal interaction with its students. This philosophy
extends to our visitation program.
To arrange a visit, or if you have questions, please contact the
PGA Golf Management office at (800) 488-7110 x7278 or (910) 630-7278.
PGA Golf Management Program Application
Handicap Verification & Recommendation
Acrobat Required for both forms)
PGA Golf Management Admissions Requirements
Applicants applying to PGA Golf Management will be evaluated based
on the quality of SAT or ACT scores, Grade Point Average, golf handicap,
letters of recommendation and campus visit / interview. PGM applicants
must comply with the following policies and procedures:
- Students must be accepted to Methodist University prior to acceptance
into PGA Golf Management.
- All applicants must submit a PGA Golf Management application.
- All applicants must submit a golf handicap / recommendation form with a handicap of twelve (12) or
less verified by a United States Golf Association (USGA) handicap,
Professional Golfers' Association of America (PGA) member, high
school golf coach or have successfully passed the PGA Playing
Ability Test (PAT).
- It is not required but is highly encouraged that applicants make a campus visit / interview, so they can see firsthand what opportunities await in our program.
- Transfer Policy: Transfer Students
will be limited to a maximum of thirty-six (36) hours of transfer credit.
- Rolling Admission: Applicants wishing to be considered for admissions must have been accepted to the University and have all required materials submitted before admission into the program. Although Methodist University has a rolling deadline, we encourage applicants to apply as early as possible. Once a file is complete, applicants are notified of their acceptance. Once accepted applicants have until *March 1st to reserve a space in the program. A non-refundable PGA Golf Management deposit of five hundred dollars ($500) is required to reserve a space. Applicants not responding by paying the deposit by March 1st will be able to reserve a space in the program on a first-come, first-served basis.
*Note: Students who wish to do so
may request, in writing, an extension of PGA Golf Management deposit
until May 1. However, students requesting an extension are not guaranteed
a space in PGA Golf Management. Deposits paid after March 1 will
be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.