Tuition and Fees
the PA Program
Home » Academics
of Graduate Studies » Physician
- Recommended overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Recommended Medical Core Prerequisite GPA of 3.2 or
- Recommended GRE score of 1050 or higher
- Amount and quality of health care experience
- Evidence in the interview process and through letters
of recommendation of the student’s ability to handle
a demanding curriculum. The student must possess strong
- Students who have taken all or part of the undergraduate
work at Methodist University will be given special preference
over those who have not, if all other factors equal.
- Interest in serving medically under-served areas
- An understanding of the role of the physician assistant
- Personal qualities such as emotional and intellectual
maturity, professionalism, strong verbal/writing communication
skills, humanitarianism, and ethical qualities.
- Specific motivation toward pursuit of a health career
and becoming a PA
- Understanding of the concept of a “team player”
and how it relates to the medical field.
- Due to the PA program’s clinical affiliates,
National Security and Criminal Background checks will
be employed for each accepted student.
- Must possess the critical thinking and communication skills,
visual ability, hearing and tactile abilities, motor and fine
motor skills, and interpersonal abilities that will enable them
to master the educational and clinical content of the program
within a reasonable time frame.