Home » Academics
of Health Sciences » Professional
What is the TEAS V?
The TEAS V is a timed, computerized, multiple choice test which measures basic essential skills in the academic content areas of reading, mathematics, science, and English and language usage. Methodist University requires this test and uses the test results as part of the nursing program admissions process.
There are 170 multiple choice questions on the test that applicants must complete in 209 minutes (3 hours and 29 minutes).
- Reading: 58 minutes/ 48 question s
- Math: 5 1 minutes / 34 quest ion s
- Science: 66 minutes/ 54 quest ion s
- English and Language: 34 minutes/ 34 questions
What dates are you offering the TEAS V test?
Methodist University will offer the TEAS V test several times during open application periods (November 1 – February 1 of each year). To view dates, times, and locations, please log in to your ATI Testing account. If you do not have an account, follow the steps listed under “How do I register for the test?” below.
Do I have to take the TEAS V? Will you accept other test results, like the HESI, instead?
All MU Nursing applicants must take the TEAS V to be considered for admission to the program.
What score do I have to make on the TEAS V?
To be considered for admission, you must make at least a “Proficient” score on each section of the test (58.7). Your score is utilized in the nursing entry process as points based on the percentage score equivalent so the higher your score, the more competitive you are.
I don’t like the score I earned. Can I retake the test?
Yes, applicants may retake the test once each academic year.
How do I prepare for the test?
ATI Testing also has a list of test preparation materials available for purchase. Please visit their website at www.atitesting.com for more information.
MU's Davis Memorial Library offers online practice tests and an ebook to help you prepare for nursing entrance exams. To access these materials, follow this link: http://www.learningexpresshub.com/learningexpress-hub/career-center/prepare-for-an-entrance-exam/prepare-for-nursing-school-entrance-tests/nursing-school-practice-entrance-tests. You must set up your account (required to use these products) while on campus. After your initial log in, you can access these materials from anywhere. The library does not have any hard copy books available.
How much does the test cost?
The cost to take the test at Methodist University is $50.00. This fee is non-refundable. If you cancel or reschedule your appointment, you are responsible for paying the additional registration fee.
How do I register for the test?
- Go to www.atitesting.com.
- If you already have an ATI account, please log in. Otherwise, click on “Create an account” and enter all required information.
- Once you are logged in, you will be able to select and pay for your desired test date and location.
- Test scores from tests taken at Methodist University are automatically forwarded to the Nursing Department. If you choose to take the test at another location, you are responsible for paying to have the scores sent to Methodist University. This must be requested by you through your ATI online account.
*Note: ATI Testing website is compatible with the Firefox browser.
On the day of testing:
- Bring the following with you to the testing site:
- Your Methodist University school ID or other form of government issued photo ID (driver’s license, military ID, etc.)
- A printed receipt of confirmed registration
- Your ATI testing username and password
- Paper and pencils will be provided
- These items are not allowed in the testing room:
- Cell phones, pagers, iPads, iPods, or any other electronic devices
- Food or Drink
- Sunglasses, hats or hoods
- Arrive at the designated location 15 minutes early. LATE ARRIVALS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO TEST AND WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR RESCHEDULING AND REPAYING FOR ANOTHER TEST.
- Allow 4 hours to take the test.