» About the
» Prospective Students
» Current Students
» Related Links
Home » Academics
of Health Sciences » Professional
- All prospective BSN students are required to take the TEAS V Exam.
- Prior to taking the TEAS V, applicants must be accepted to Methodist
University and have a Methodist University student ID number.
- Create an "ATI account" at www.atitesting.com
using your "MU user name." (If you have an existing ATI account
with a different user name, you must edit your profile and make the
- Visit the online
store to register for the TEAS V.
- Each applicant must purchase his or her own testing reservation.
- Applicants may take the TEAS V ONCE per calendar year. Test results
are valid for 3 years from test date.
- Test dates for Methodist University are by appointment only. Dates
for Fall 2014 applicants are January 21, 2014 and January 25, 2014.
- Methodist University will accept TEAS V scores taken at other institutions.
To request an official copy be sent to Methodist, visit the ATI
Day of Testing
- Arrive 15 minutes early to the testing site located in the Physician
Assistant Building, Room 201. Those arriving late will NOT be allowed
- Allow 4 hours to take the test. Bring a government-issued photo ID
and your ATI email confirmation showing your ATI username and password.
- Calculators, cell phones and other electronic devices are NOT allowed.
Food and drink are NOT allowed. Scratch paper and pencil will be provided.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the TEAS V?
The Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) is a timed, computerized
exam made up of 170-item multiple choice questions. Methodist University
gives the TEAS Version 5.0. The exam was developed to measure basic essential
skills in the academic content area domains of Reading, Mathematics, Science
and English and Language Usage. These entry level skills were deemed important
for health science program applicants by a panel of program curriculum
What is on the test?
The TEAS V is composed of four sections: Reading, Math, Science and English,
and Language Usage.
||Number of Questions
||Amont of Time Allotted
|Reading - section includes paragraph comprehension,
passage comprehension, and inferences/conclusions.
|Mathematics - section includes whole numbers, metric
conversion, fractions, decimals, algebraic equations, percentages,
and ratio/proportion. *CALCULATORS ARE NOT ALLOWED*
|Science - section includes science reasoning, science
knowledge, biology, chemistry, anatomy, physiology, basic physical
principles, and general science.
|English and Language Usage - section includes punctuation,
grammar, sentence structure, contextual words, and spelling.
How do I register for the TEAS V?
Register for the TEAS V via the online store at www.atitesting.com.
Are test preparation materials available?
Test preparation materials, including study guides and practice tests,
are available at www.atitesting.com.
For a list of other frequently asked questions, please
visit the ATI