» Related Links
» Helpful Links
Home » Academics
of Graduate Studies » Master
- Either type or legibly print your answer to all questions on the
application. If you are an applicant who is not a citizen of the United
States and /or English is not your native language, please complete
the International Student Supplement.
- Return the completed application with $50.00 non-refundable application
fee in the form of a cashier's check, money order, or personal
check (NOTE: an application with a personal check attached will receive
no final action until the check had cleared the bank).
- On one page, complete a typed personal statement of your interest
in the profession and your educational goals for the degree.
- Have 3 persons complete the Recommendation form. One of the recommenders
must be your current employer. Individuals must be currently employed
in a teaching position.
- Include a copy of your teaching license and official transcripts from
all colleges or universities attended that indicate your completion
of a bachelor's degree in education.
- If you are taking the GRE (Graduate Record Exam), request that the
Educational Testing Service forward an official copy of your GRE scores
to Methodist University. Our Institution Code is 5426. Applicants are
to have a recommended combined GRE qualitative and quantitative
score of 1000 if taken prior to August 1, 2011. After August 1, 2011,
applicants are to have a recommended combined score of 239.
Tests must have been taken in the past five years.
- If you are taking the MAT (Miller Analogies Test), request that the
Controlled Testing Center forward an official copy of your MAT score
to Methodist University. Our Institution Code is 4181. Applicants are
to have a recommended score in the 50th percentile. Tests must
have been taken within the past five years.
- An interview with Program Coordinator may be completed if required
by Program Director.
TO REMAIN IN THE PROGRAM:
- Candidates must be formally admitted to program with a GPA of 3.0
or higher in the first 9 semester hours.