Students committed to making a real difference in their communities and the world have an avenue for personal development in the Leadership Fellows Program (LFP). Monarchs who are driven to acquire the knowledge, values, skills, and practical experiences that will empower them for extraordinary leadership should consider becoming a Leadership Fellow (LF).
Participation in the program is based on a nomination/selection process. Selection is based on academic achievement, exceptional character, and commitment to engage in a rigorous plan of leadership development.
- Faculty/staff nominate students for the program
- Select students receive letter of invitation (GPA requirement of 2.5)
- Students accept invitation and sign the Agreement Statement
- Complete the seven core requirements
- Submit documentation for Co-Curricular Transcript
- Two months prior to graduation (or earlier): Apply to receive Certificate of Completion
- Faculty/staff panel certifies completion
- Faculty/staff panel identifies selected students as Distinguished Leadership Fellows
- Graduate as a Methodist University Leadership Fellow or Distinguished Leadership Fellow!
Typically, freshmen will be registered for a First Year Seminar (FYS) course, during which they learn about the MU Journey and the four pathways: Leadership, Community Engagement, Global Education, and Undergraduate Research and Creativity.
FYS instructors will be the primary faculty members to nominate freshmen for the LFP. But any faculty or staff member can nominate a student. Freshmen interested in the LFP should ask their FYS instructors to consider nominating them for the program.
The LFP is not limited to freshmen—sophomores are eligible also. Sophomores interested in the LFP should ask a faculty or staff member to nominate them.
Leadership Fellows Galleries
Click on a link below to meet our Leadership Fellows: