Home » Student
Affairs » International
It is the mission of International Programs Office (IPO) to provide
the educational, professional, and cultural needs of international
students from pre-arrival correspondence to postgraduate concerns.
IPO recognizes the responsibility of increasing international and
multicultural understanding and serves as the primary liaison, and
resource center for international students.
We currently provide services to more than 110 international students.
Our services include:
- Advising and providing information to international students
and MU staff and faculty on F-1 and related immigration regulation
- Creating a positive environment to support student success
- Increasing diversity awareness of MU faculty and student bodies
- Assisting international students with problems and concerns
related to academic and social life
IPO services which do not require an appointment:
- I-20 signature for travel
- Program extension
- Transfer from MU
- Emergency medical matters and claims
- Work study contracts
- Updates of changes in SEVIS excluding CPT and OPT
IPO services which require an appointment:
- Curricular & Optional Practical Training authorization (two business
- Reinstatement to student status (one business day)*
- Off-campus employment authorization
- Advice on personal and confidential matters
- Advice on taxes
- Invitation letters for visitor visas (one business day)*
- Recommendation letter for student workers (one business day)*
- Transportation for appointments (IPO will consider it case-by-case
only. Students should notify IPO staff at least one week in advance.)
*During busy times, it may take longer than one business day.
Please come prepared.