8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday
(910) 630-7544 (Fax)
Health services are provided to students by a physician assistant and by a registered nurse. Services are available during clinic hours. The staff of Student Health Services provides presentations to the university community on a variety of wellness issues. The Health Center is located in West Hall and is open on a regular basis during the school year.
Students are encouraged to use the more cost effective student health services. Nursing services and physician assistant services are available to students at no cost. The physician assistant is available on a limited basis. His hours are posted in the Health Center. An appointment is necessary to see the P.A.
Flu shots are available beginning in September each year for a minimal charge at the Health Center.
We believe good health is essential to optimal success in college. Student health services provides treatment for acute illnesses, preventative health services, and health education.
General Health Services
- Diagnosis and treatment of common medical illnesses, including colds, sore throats, ear aches, stomach upsets, and injuries.
- Referrals to specialist and/or clinics and hospitals as needed.
- Laboratory facilities are available for routine urine, strept, and pregnancy tests.
- Injections are given by the nurse. They include allergy shots, flu vaccine, and Dep shots.
- Medications (OTC) are available for the students at no charge.
- Transportation needs are the responsibility of the student.
- Health education: Promotion of health and wellness and prevention are emphasized.
Emergency medical care is available 24 hours a day at Cape Fear Valley Medical Center, a few miles from our campus. There are two convenient care centers, Urgent Care and Express Care, near our campus for treatment of less urgent medical care when the health center is closed. The student is responsible for charges incurred at off-campus medical facilities.
- Physical Examination and Immunization Record Form
- Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) Forms
- Basic Regime PEP Form
Health Center Staff
Lynetta Geddie, Director
Dave Baggett, P.A., University Medical Officer
Alicia Kuch, Program Assistant