Home » Academics
of Health Sciences » Department
of Athletic Training
The Methodist University Student
Athletic Training Association (MUSATA) is a University recognized
organization. MUSATA is dedicated to promoting and encouraging higher
scholastic achievement and professional development in the study of athletic
training. MUSATA provides information about nationally recognized organizations
and associations such as the National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA),
North Carolina Athletic Training Association (NCATA), National Strength
and Conditioning Association (NSCA), and the American College of Sports
MUSATA encourages professional growth and development by providing financial
support to students attending state, district, or national conventions
and symposiums. Funding to support these AT students is made available
from MUSATA sponsored fundraising events and the student organization
office of Methodist University.
- Provide recognition for Methodist University Athletic Training throughout
the Physical Education and Exercise Science Department, the University,
the community, and the country.
- Offer members with equal opportunities in gaining higher education,
experience, and knowledge in the field of athletic training.
- Recruit students of all ages to continue the growth and prosperity
of the Athletic Training Education Program at Methodist University.
- Present a forum for members to discuss and debate topics related to
- Provide members with an equal opportunity to explore a variety of
allied health professions including athletic training.
- Assist in the recovery of Methodist University student-athletes by
implementing the domains of athletic training.
- Aid in education and preparation of athletic training students for
graduate school and/or a professional career in exercise or sport science
and other allied health professions.
- Educate students in achieving personal growth and program goals through
teamwork and experience.
- Each member must be either a student athletic trainer accepted into
the Methodist University Athletic Training Program, or be a student
intending to apply for admission in the same year.
- Membership dues for ATP students are $20 each academic year. Dues
for those applying are $10 per academic year. Dues will not be refunded
if membership is terminated for any reason.
- Every member must maintain a 2.5 GPA in order to remain in the Organization.
If for any reason, any members GPA drops below 2.5, they will be put
on probation. After a semester if the GPA is not pulled up, membership
will be terminated.
- Students with 24 semester hours at METHODIST UNIVERSITY are eligible
to run for office within the Organization.
- Elections are held at the last meeting of the spring semester.
- Nominations are made prior to this meeting, and voted on by secret
ballot. Those winning the majority of the votes will be inducted into
office for the following academic year. Offices are held for a full
- Any officer not performing their duties will be asked to relinquish
their position and a new officer will be elected as described above.
- Committees will be formed to work on various projects throughout the
- Each committee will nominate a chairperson who will be responsible
for reporting to the officers and other members, and for making sure
that the committees task is accomplished. Each member is expected to
attend every meeting. Exceptions are made for team members or student
athletic trainers who are participating in an athletic practice or competition.
- Each member is also expected to participate in all functions of the
- All proposals for projects are to be made during meetings and will
be voted upon by all members.
First Annual Methodist University Student Athletic Trainers Association