Professional Tennis Management
Saturday Nov. 10th- Banquet at 7PM
Sunday Nov. 11th- Educational Session 8am - 2pm: Digital Marketing and Branding Your Business. Keynote Speaker: Chris Michalowski
Location: Reeves School of Business Yarborough Auditorium, Clark Hall
The educational session is free, but the banquet is $25 for non-current students.
The Professional Tennis Management (PTM) Program is an academic concentration through the nationally accredited (ACBSP) Reeves School of Business. PTM is also offered as a minor for students interested in any of the majors that Methodist offers. Finally, our PTM Program is available to college graduates as an 18 credit hour certificate program. The PTM Program allows for students interested in pursuing a career in the tennis industry to earn a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree in a business-related field with a concentration in Professional Tennis Management or a B.S. or B.A. in one of the 80+ different majors offered at Methodist University with a minor in PTM.
Students are required to complete the USTA sport science level one competency exam, and must obtain a USPTA certification prior to graduation. PTR certifications and Master Racquet Technician (MRT) certifications are also components of the program. Interactive semester seminars are provided for students by national level speakers. Students are also provided with 100% internship and job placement through the PTM industry network.
We prepare our students to enter into the tennis industry to promote tennis and provide the next generation of tennis players with the appropriate skills to be successful on and off the court. PTM students are put through rigorous course curriculum and player development sessions to ensure that they will be the most qualified individuals entering into the tennis industry.
Why is the Methodist PTM Program the BEST/ ONLY choice for you?
- 100% Job Placement History for Interns
- Paid internships across the United States
- 100% Job Placement History for Graduates
- Professional tennis teaching certifications through the United States Professional Tennis Association (USPTA), Professional Tennis Registry (PTR), United States Racquet Stringing Association (USRSA)-Master Racquet Technician (MRT), and United States Tennis Association (USTA)
- Player Development Sessions
- Educational seminars by national level speakers
- Professional Tennis Management Student Association (PTMSA)
- Monarch Summit- Annual PTM flagship event